HOUSTON-APQS (Quilt Your Own) Ribbon Ceremony and Grand Opening

I went to the Grand Opening of the Houston APQS Show Room "Quilt Your Own" yesterday.  Chris Gerkin and Dawn Cavanaugh sure know how to give a party.  I was very please to see all the ladies that came from near and far.  Some LA owners, some very interested in LA options, some to take the mini classes and  some to inquire about the services offered by Quilt Your Own.  Dawn was very informative and I learned a great deal from her.  I will take a Maintinence Class with Dawn tomorrow and so excited.  I will take some pics to share. 

I was there for the ribbon cutting and mini classes with Dawn!  It was such an enjoyable day - the sun was shining after a week of cold, rainy days, everybody was happy, and all us very enthusisatic about quilting.  Trying out the machines was a blast for all of us wannabes...Dawn so gracious and informative....  I'm very excited that Chris' new business is in the same strip mall as my favorite quilt store and it's all just a few miles up the freeway from me.  :-)  Laura

Archived