Boundary shifting

LTL

Hi! I am trying to quilt within a boundary, but after setting the boundary and going to "execute", the pattern shifts significantly in one direction or another from the way it looks on the "Boundary" page. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The last update I have is 10/4/06. Is there a more recent one? How do I get it?

Thanks, friends. Happy Quilting!

Not having worked with boundaries extensively...so I am not sure what is wrong....but have you checked where you have the start of the pattern in relationship to the boundary?

Suzanne or Sue will have the right answer...just give them some time to answer. Also, I have called DeeDee for help and they have been great...but they are only open Mon - Friday.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Take your time and read the directions again. The first time I tried it the same thing happened to me. It took a couple of times making sure I had pushed the right buttons in the right sequence.

Once I got it right it was a breeze.

There must be a step you are missing.

You can turn your motor off or put your stitch regulator all the way down and see where it will actually sew.

Did you solve the problem?

I've noticed the same thing happening when I've had the pattern flipped in the execute screen. If I use rotate instead everything works OK (that may be the wrong way round - ie it may be that it works when flipped but not rotated - I'll check).

Hi LTL

You can usually get an upgrade by going to www.sd-stitches.com/programs/programs.html but I just tried that and its not working - maybe Stan has changed the address for upgrades so it would be a good idea to email him and ask where to get the latest upgrade. The latest one is dated 12/5/06 and it does fix some issues when using Boundaries especially when you want to flip or rotate the design.

You are probably doing everything right so get that upgrade.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

I know that you've had alot of good advice, but I agree. I would go through the directions carefully again. A couple of times even to see if there is another way to interpret what I'm reading. I also sometimes just have to walk away for a little while & come back to see what has been starring me in the face all along.

Best of luck.

Archived