Answering a call for help

Yesterday I received a call from a woman who I met a long time ago when she purchased a Lenni and I bought a Millie. We live a few miles apart but surprisingly never saw each other again. She has a quilting business and we are members of different guilds. She had broken a needle and needed some help. In ten years she had never had to time her machine. I was shocked! I have replaced my bobbin assembly at least six times in ten years. Amy walked her through re-timing and it still wouldn't stitch. She called and I went over yesterday afternoon to see if I could help. She had her needle in backwards. Luckily that was the first thing I looked at and she was stitching in a matter of minutes.

I guess the reason I'm posting this is to remind myself (and others ;) )--

To check the easiest thing first.

That we all are so overwhelmed with a problem at times that we need another set of eyes or ears to see through to a solution.

And that helping feels great.

Lucky Girl. I  have put the needle in backwards too and a couple of weeks ago broke a needle and thought I had messed up the timing and spent the afternoon retiming my machine.. Put the bobbin case back in and the need hit the case. Yep I had not messed up the timing but did not put the needle all the way in! Check that EASY first!!!!

Archived