center of machine high and creating a drag

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to adjust my Millie.  The center cross tube is hitting the plexiglass table above it.  It's not high enough to hit the carriage but dragging is occurring.  I have checked the width of the table over the cross tubes and levelness front to back and side to side.  I have also tried turning the tube in every which way and loosening the table leg bolts to see if the tubes would readjust.  No luck.  It is only high at the center of the table.  What to do next?

Kim

Kim:  I'd just add an additional washer between the carriage wheel and the carriage.  That should give you enough clearance to keep the carriage from rubbing on the table top.  It also looks like the carriage wheels aren't centered on the rail.  Perhaps you could tighten them and that would also raise the carriage.  Good luck.  Jim 

The black bar under you table is an additional truss to keep your table level.  If it high in the very centre of the table then you can loosen off the bolts and it will lower the centre of the table.  The information on this truss should be in your handbook.

You can also get longer bolts  for the table wheels too.  These were needed if you added the Circle Lord to your machine as it then needed to be raised higher.

Archived