Help with stitch regulator

I was quilting last night on my 08 Millennium with the stitch regulator on and t worked for about 5 minutes then it wouldn't stitch correctly side to side. It started acting like I had it on about 4 stitches to the inch. I couldn't get it to behave so I left it alone for a little bit then when I tried again it worked for a bit then not again. I resorted to non stitch regulated. I have recently changed to a bliss table and I have had to replace some circuit boards, but I have quilted on it since then. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some help but if not I'll wait till Monday and call Amy. TIA

It sounds like your encoder wheel that covers your side-to-side movement is having issues. With the Bliss carriage, that encoder is a little harder to get to. First thing to try is to take your compressor and blow up into your rear carriage axle: there may be some fluff or thread up in there, keeping your encoder from making good contact.

Thanks so much for your help. I looked at that cord and found it had different patterns of the green LEDs above it than the other one. The other cord had solid lights on and this one had lights that blinked on and off. I'll call Amy Monday and blow this out in the mean time.

Archived