What Extras Come with a new Millenium?

I'm still preparing my home for delivery this month (hopefully) of a new Millennium.

I've read that some (#?) pantos are included with the purchas and some (thread? Is that correct? Maybe some bobbins too??

Also, is there a plastic panto protector, or do I need to buy one?

I want to be all set with all the necessary supplies when the machine arrives and I get it put together.

Thanks.

Georgene - Congrats on your new Millennium! I have had mine now since Feb 20th so I am new too!

Mine came with a box of thread from Superior.....about a half dozen different kinds, a bag of bobbins, a pack of needles, 2 pantos from Golden Threads, and the panto protector.

Did you get the Hartley fence or the hydraulic lift? I got both although I am still waiting for delivery of the lift....and I haven't had the time to play with the Hartley fence yet.

Keep us posted! and good luck!

You new Millie will have several pantos, thread, extra needles, bobbins and a bunch of stuff. (Each one is different so everyone is a surprise).

Your tabel will have a panto cover attached.

We (Country Lane Quilting) have a start up kit that we give as a gift to our clients including more extra needles, extra bobbin case, zinger, batting and top and bottom to practice on. When we do a set up Mary or Janet gives a start up lesson to the new owner. (I?m the tech and you don?t want your lesson from a tech but a quilter.) Our clients are ready to practice (and have fun) when we leave. All our clients need to get started is a pair of scissors.

John

Laurie, I am getting the hydraulic lift, but not the Hartley Fence yet.

I thought I'd learn some of the basics first. I'm also trying to decide between the Hartley Fence and the Circle Lord.

John, sounds like your shop gives a really good deal. I ordered mine through my nearest local dealer, Lisa Langlias, a little more then 3 hours away. I figured if she was going to have to train me, it was fair to get the machine from her -- and besides she was the rep at our local quilt show (MidAtlantic Quiltfest), which is when I made the down payment.

I had to knock out a wall between 2 bedrooms to make the thing fit, but the work is now complete. Now I'm trying to put my sewing room stuff in there. It's been scattered throughout my house for several weeks.

I opted for self-installation. Hopefully, I can make it happen with the help of my quilting friend. My husband is not mechanically inclined and, besides, I want to know the ins and outs of the machine. So putting it together should help me understand it better, hopefully.

I have another question.

If I put one end of my machine against a wall, would there be any space to put a table up against that same wall?

In other words, is there space at the end of the table that you don't need to walk in, like where the straps are? Or should I leave that space free?

We always recommend that you make your purchase from your local dealer. (If you have one.). When you buy the set up package you usually get much more than just the machine set up. We give a lesson when the machine is set up (Mary and Janet have been professional quilters for over 10 years.) When we leave the machine is correctly installed, leveled and ready to go. They are not difficult to set up but it is the extra service that your local dealer can provide.

You can normally put one end of you machine against a wall without any issues.

If you have any more questions just ask.

John

How nice! I didn't get any pantographs with my machine...........very cool.

Tish

Originally posted by John Mitchell

You new Millie will have several pantos, thread, extra needles, bobbins and a bunch of stuff. (Each one is different so everyone is a surprise).

Your tabel will have a panto cover attached.

We (Country Lane Quilting) have a start up kit that we give as a gift to our clients including more extra needles, extra bobbin case, zinger, batting and top and bottom to practice on. When we do a set up Mary or Janet gives a start up lesson to the new owner. (I?m the tech and you don?t want your lesson from a tech but a quilter.) Our clients are ready to practice (and have fun) when we leave. All our clients need to get started is a pair of scissors.

John

Archived