HELP! Problem with thread breaking

Hi ladies. I always come to you when I need help. I have a practice piece on my Millie. I am 2/3 of the way done using a panto. Suddenly, my thread started to break. I have changed the tension,changed the needle, checked for knicks and am still having a problem. I have taken out the bobbin and lowered the needle and the needle sticks as if there is bobbin thread to pull up. I don't have any idea about how to proceed. 

Anyone with any ideas? 

Thanking you in advance.

Rachel

Couple of things:  did you do a thorough cleaning of your hook assembly when you started to get breakage?  That includes using WD40 and re-oiling.  And when you changed your needle, are you sure that you got the "groove" to the front?

If your machine doesn't have a flywheel cover, you should check for thread around the flywheel.  If you have the cover, next thing to check is thread binding up the hook assembly.  Take a good look in there and see if you have thread, from your earlier breakages, wound around inside the hook assembly.  If there are threads in there that you can't get out, spray the assembly liberally with WD40 and let it set for a time, even overnight, to loosen those threads up.  Then clean thoroughly, as directed in your manual.

Archived