new fuses, no power

are you sure you got the fuse in correctly....  I had one person call and they actually had put the fuse back into the draw area of the cord instead of the correct place...therefor not getting any power.  also check to see if the fuse is actually a good fuse,. They do break easily and still look okay.  Have gotten several from Radio Shack with the wire broken inside.

Your machine may have two fuses depending on where you live.  If only one, check the fuse to ensure it is good with a ohms meter.  Check your manual or video; http://www.apqs.com/instructional-videos/?watch=hKsutcZFmj8 to ensure you installed fuse correctly.  Also, if the fuse blew when you were using it, did you hit something.  If so, make sure you can thumb the machine threw there may be thread or some other obstruction preventing needle movement.  The fuse normally pops for a reason.

Cagey

Make sure you check to ensure the wall socket also has power.  I was asked by a quilting friend to drop her machine off by the dealer to have them repair it.  I asked if we could plug it in before I left the house, just to make sure it was not an issue with the outlet.  Was told that she had been quilting longer than I had been alive.  Stopped by the store on my way home, the owner/repairman plugged it in and turned it on.  Low and behold it worked perfect.  He said you cannot believe how many people bring their machines to have them repaired and there is nothing wrong with them.  He just had me take it home with no charge, and told me to check the outlet, power strip/surge protector, and cord for her when I returned the machine.  Switch was off on the power strip.  

If the fuse blew, then the outlet GFI, the circuit breaker in the power strip/surge protector or the garage circuit breaker panel could have also popped.  Check the wall socket/power stripe/surge protector with a working night light.  Those GFI can be hard to find, as the outlet may be connected to the GFI across the room.  Best of luck to you.  Please let us know how you fixed it, it may help us in the future.  

Cagey

Archived