Opps with Ruler Mate

Frannie Ann Jr arrived as you know and I have been really busy. So yesterday I needed to do some ruler work and put on my ruler mate.  Started sewing and BANG BANG BANG and Broken Needle!!!! Replaced the needle and again Bang Bang Bang! SO decided some the was the  thick seam!!!! Looked and the center hole was way off and the needle was hitting the plate!!!! Dear sweet hubby came to the recuse and drilled out the holes and I was able to center the Ruler Mate.

So if you get a new machine be sure to double check your Ruler Mate before using!!!!!  You can see where he hd to mill the hole larger to adjust the plate.!!!

I was lucky no damage to my needle bar!!!

29827234372_9b007558a9_z.jpg20160926_090907 by Dell Dunman, on Flickr

Did you buy a used Ruler Mate from someone else?

They are made specifically for YOUR machine.  The holes are drilled after you use Donaita Reeves template, (a cardboard template she mails to you)..you mail it back, and YOUR Rulermate is made specifically for YOUR  machine! 

APQS machines are man made, one by one individually, and therefore the holes on each machine could be just a tad off...hence why Donita developed the template to ensure it is made for your machine.

Sheri, I bought my ruler mate from Donita Reeves website and all I had to do was select my machine brand and model. I didn't receive a template or have to do anything else. I jut placed my order, and it worked find. The holes for the screws are a bit elongated so you can adjust the plate, but no special orders.

I purchased my Ruler Mate 8 years ago for my 2008 Millie and Just bought the 2016 Millie. I thought it was the same. No! Off almost 1/4 inch!!!!! So if you have a Ruler Mate and replace your machine with a newer model like I did, a 2008 millie to a 2016 millie be dead sure it fits before you sew!!!!!

Sheri, I bought my ruler mate from Donita Reeves website and all I had to do was select my machine brand and model. I didn't receive a template or have to do anything else. I jut placed my order, and it worked find. The holes for the screws are a bit elongated so you can adjust the plate, but no special orders.

When I bought mine I just received the Ruler Mate, no template.  It works well.

Archived