I have not tried quilting with Minkie but I have done some embroidery work in the other part of my business and I had to use lots of Solvy so the stitches would show and also so they would not stick. I know there is a posting about Minki around on this forum somewhere. Good luck nothing more frustrating than stitching problems, be it tension or other things.

I have quilted with minkie on the back with no problems. I just can't remember is I have had it on the front of a quilt...oh well...

You might try turning the eye of your needle slight to the right towards the pigtail...sometimes that helps. Make sure your top tension isn't too tight.

I like Sheryl's idea...turn the quilt over and stitch with the minkie on the bottom

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I did a baby quilt with yellow Minkee on the back, and flannel and Minkee

mixed/ peiced on the top. It did have a nice Dream batting - - I would still

think that with the thickness of those fabrics it would work. I had NO

problems, the stitching path showed up just fine without needing any

stablizer. The thread was down in the nap, but you could see the path.

The main thing I was concered about was NOT pulling the Minkee

too much and getting it wonky. I used my usual thinner prewound bobbins

and the thicker Poly on top...... to bad you couldn't put in a thin 80/20 batt

at least, maybe that would help?? not sure....?

I don't think I can flip it over. I think I will try to load on a piece of minkie and flannel and put a light batt in, and see if that makes a difference. I have quilted minkie in the past, but it was some time ago and I didn't have a problem. Just wondering if anyone else has had troubles with it.

Archived