I need advice.  I got my Lenni in 2010, at that time I didn't know anything about having a longarm.  I really stretched the canvases, really pushed my skills at keeping things square. I went to floating my tops just so I didn't have to use the horribly stretched canvas (thank god for all the you tube videos). I am replacing them today (they got stained in the move) and want advice on what everyone does to keep them in great shape.  TIA

191368B017C4022523AE2D6ADA4EBAF3.png

Oma, how often is ever so often, 1,2,3,years

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS Dealer

Sealy, Texas

832-724-6335

Complete Longarm Quilting Studio

Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

Lucey Blissed with Quilt Path

I've had my Liberty 9 years and I've replaced them three times.  The first time I changed them was because they were stretched,  Then I ordered some canvases that had been printed with a one inch grid and other markings.  I thought I would love them.  I did not.  That was also my phase of "zippers".  Didn't like those either.  Then I decided I wanted some pretty canvas.  Nope that was kind of stupid.  So now I'm back to my natural colored canvases and I seem to be content with them.  It's not hard to change them and the canvas is cheap enough.  The hardest thing is the first time and fear of messing them up.  I think how often you would need to change them would depend on how many quilts you do.  I quilt in spurts and only for myself and I let my friends quilt on my machine and I figure about every 3 - 5 years at least.   

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

I've had my machine since 2007 and I've never changed them.  I usually try to keep them straight so after each quilt I make sure they are straight again.  If they get out of whack I pin them together, actually I have zippers so I zip them together, and roll back and forth until they are straight.  Only one time did I have to square them up again by creating new squared ends.  

Thanks for the info ladies.  I have had Millie since 2014 and I have never adjusting, I willl do that.before putting the next one onl

Blissful Quilting until next time…

Judith Washburn

BlissQuilter.com

APQS Dealer

Sealy, Texas

832-724-6335

Complete Longarm Quilting Studio

Millennium Blissed with IntelliQuilter

Lucey Blissed with Quilt Path

Whew, thanks Heidi.  I thought I was the only on who never changed her canvas.  My machine is a 2009 and I do the same as Heidi.  Every now and then I zip them together and give them a spritz of water too.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

I'd love to replace my leaders with striped canvas. I can't find the weight of the leaders that came with Millie anywhere. Does anyone know what weight of canvas I should be looking for?

TIA