Ultimate 1 question

Hi, I have a friend that is getting an Ultimate 1 in exchange for some work.  He said the machine was in good shape but not used a lot.  He's in the process of changing out some parts that may be bad because of sitting around.  He ordered new edgerider wheels and was wondering it there was anything else that should be replaced while it's being moved into it's new home.  I don't know much about the Ultimate 1, any suggestions for him.  I did ask him to join our group here on the forum.

Connie, I have an Ult I.  I know when I got the IQ, I asked my dealer the same question.  I figured it was best to get it all spiffed up at one shot.  He suggested that I get new bushings, a new rocker joint, a new belt (*make sure it will fit properly.  The one I got from APQS didn't fit), and a couple of other things.  I'll go home tonight and see if I can locate that old email and then I'll let you know the "maintenance" items that he recommended. 

I did not get a maintenance manual with my machine, but when I have questions, I just come here and do a little searching and find a wealth of information.  They are pretty maintenance free machines. 

Connie -- did you get the emails I forwarded to you?  The items that my IQ dealer recommended I get are a rocker assembly, needle bar (if loose and wiggly on the current machine), something about the bobbin mechanism (don't remember the name off hand, but it's in the email), motor brushes,..... I know there are a couple more things in the email than I can remember right now.  Hope you friend has great fun with his "new" machine. 

Lora, I just checked my email and it's there.  I will discuss it with Dan.  Thank you for the info.  I'll probably help him set-up his machine.

Jim, that's great news,  sounds like I'll be able to help Dan out.  I just need to get him involved on this forum.

Archived