Disappearing marker

I used purple disappearing marker and blue ink to mark a white wall hanging and when I sprayed the blue areas w/soda water, the purple disappearing marker reappeared. How do I get it out? If I can, I will send a pix later. Just don't have time right now. Of course, this hanging is for a quilt show. Don't I have some luck!!

Ditto.

I got heavy-handed with that blue marker once. I spritzed it with water and the blue went away....but it came back. I tried a number of things but what finally worked was soaking the quilt in a washer (no soap, like Teresa said) and spinning it. I think I ran it thru that soak twice but it all came out. You may want to block the quilt after the wash.

When working with the disappearing markers you do need to soak the whole quilt as Linda and Teresa mentioned. The reason for this is to remove all the marker from the batting and quilt top. Also, never use an iron, keep the quilt out of the sun and away from any heat source as it will set the marker. It also should be removed from the quilt in a short time period...in other words don't wait for more than 6 months to remove the marker.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Marie,

I've had the same thing happen with the disappearing marker (air soluble) on quilt awhile back. It reappeared after spritzing the blue markers (water soluble) with water. I let the quilt sit for awhile and the disappearing marker did disappear again.

I used the disappearing markers all the time and I've never had to soak a quilt to get rid of the marker.

Debbi

Archived