Since I'm new to this I have a silly question. How do I know if the wheels on the machine are ok. It feels a little stiff to me but don't know just how loose I can adjust them. Can I get them too loose? I seem to be doing ok on freehand stuff but have a terrible time following a panto. Seems like it hangs up sometimes. Is this just part of the learning curve or do I need to adjust something.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Which machine do you have? If it feels good (smooth) when running it from the freehand side, I would say that your wheels are adjusted ok. It is totally a different feel when running the machine from the back. It does take a lot of practice to follow the patterns. If it is catching or feels like it is hanging up at times..make sure that your power cord isn't catching somewhere. That can cause a problem in the movement of your machine. I hope this helps, if you continue to feel catches please let us know. You can reach us by phone @ (800) 426-7233 ext.#6

Good luck! Mark

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and adjusted them a little looser than what Bob and Jim adjusted them when they delivered my new "Queen" Liberty and I think they're running better for me. I just took my first class with Dawn at the showroom yesterday and she explained some things that really helped. I'm just so new that I need to get adjusted to the different positions of running front vs. back. Other than that I couldn't be happier with my new machine. Thanx again, pat

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my machine used 1 year ago. My husband set it up following the video. Last month I had Sue from the Quilted Connection come look at it and she fixed the magnetic strip on the back that was slightly bent and causing the magnets to engage at a certain spot on the quilt. The problem is that it still feels like it is running stiff to me. I can tell that at times it grabs and pulls in the direction it wants because my feathers all look slighlty off at the same point and in the same cockeyed fashion. I have watched and it is not the magnet engaging anymore. Sue tightend my wheels but I have heard that they should be very loose. I don't know what to do.

Hi Mindy,

First check to see which wheels are causing the problem. Is it front to back or side to side. Then check to make sure that the wheels are adjusted correctly so you have a smooth feel in that direction. If you have the wheels adjusted right but still have some tight spots, then you may have a bad carriage wheel that needs replaced. Please call me or Connie if you have any questions about adjusting the wheels or getting them checked out. You can reach us @ (800)426-7233 ext. #6. Good luck!

Mark

Sue checked the wheels and said they were fine. The machine is smooth moving front to back but from side to side is when it grabs. I can actually hear something rubbing at certain spots. I look and look and can't see the difference in the wheels at the spots where I hear the friction. I measured the table to see if there was a spot that was wider but it looked right on. I work full time and do't get home until after 6:00PM so I can't call you during working hours to get this fixed. I took a day off work to have Sue come check it out. I know there is something else wrong because I have felt the "smooth as a nife through butter" feeling on the far right side of the quilts. I just can't see what is different about my table on that side.

Hi Mindy,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't gotten the problem figured out yet. If you could e-mail me privately we can set up a time to talk after hours, and get this problem taken care of for you.

I have a couple questions for you.

My e-mail address is churst@apqs.com

Have a Great Day!

Connie Hurst

Apqs Service Mgr/Tech.

1-800-426-7233 ext.6

Archived