Black light lamp

Hello,

I'm looking for a black light lamp, cause I have a lot of problems with burning and red eyes while quilting in batiks or especially when fabrics and thread have the same colour.

Where can I get a black light lamp for my Millenium? What about the starter? In Germany we have a higher voltage than in the US.

Thanks for helping me!

Kind regards from Germany,

Romy;)

Hi Romy,

I think I would contact Claudia in Krefield and see if she knows of an outlet for the black light.

Claudia Pfeil

Ritterstra?e 166

47805 Krefeld, Deutschland

Tel: 0 21 51 / 77 38 51

Mobil: 0 172 / 244 84 73

E-mail: post@quilt-und-co.de

Web site: www.quilt-und-co.de

Take care,

Hi Mark,

thanks for your help, but I can ask Claudia for myself. Krefeld is not far away from Bonn and maybe she can gave me a good advise.

Thank you for helping me. It seems to me, that the black light is a really special thing and not really popular.

Kind regards,

Romy;)

Romy - I LOVE my black light. This is what I have done. I removed the regular white light from my Millie and replaced it with the black light. I also bought one of the little lights from Donita Reeves that has the long neck and I use that for the regular lighting. Works for me.

Speaking of black lights, I found a black light lamp at a specialty store here and took the bulb out. I am now looking for the kind of marking "pen" that will glow in the black light and not show up on the fabric so I can "mark" without it showing. Any ideas?

There is actually two ways to go with marking for black light that I know of...there is a pencil, or a pounce type powder.

The pencil is very much like the General's chalk pencil we use, and can be obtained from The Stencil Company they are in their clearance area, so they may be selling out of them

And, King's Men Quilting Supply has both a black light pencil as well as the powder that you dab on with a pounce pad or do as I do I use a foam rubber paint brush and I don't seem to waste as much of it.

Archived