Information

Patty, I don't know anything about the certification course for LongArm quilters.  I saw a few things on facebook about it, but honestly it was the first time I've heard about it.  I've heard about the certification to be a teacher but that's all.   I'm sure the course would teach you a lot and being able to say your quilting skills have been certified by Fons and Porter in conjunction with APQS would be a benefit for any LongArm business.  If you have questions contact Myrna Ficken, I believe she's heading up the course with Dawn.  You can contact Myrna via message here on the forum or Facebook.  Sorry, I'm not much help but I hate to see no replies to your questions.

Patty, I took this course and I think it was worth it.  It was a bit pricey at $500 but I learned from this class what it would have taken me years to learn on my own.  It covers a wide range of topics.  I had to produce work that I needed to send to Dawn for critique.  It was not an easy course and it was a challenge while working full time. 

good luck!

Nancy

Archived