Shredding thread

Hi everyone. I am experiencing shredding of my top thread today. I’m using Omni thread top and bottom and I have a Millie. I hardly ever have this issue but I can’t seem to figure it out. Omni is always my go to thread that always worked in her. I’ve rethreaded, changed needles, cleaned everything. What else could it be? I’m open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Have you checked for burrs?  Also check to see if the thread guides have worn down into a groove.  It they have try turning them upside down so the thread is running through a different part of the guide.  If you can work out where on the thread path the shredding occurs it will give you an idea which area to check.

Good luck.

I’m hoping this was the answer. I’ve had this cone of thread for a long time. I put some Sewers Aid on it last night and let it sit. So far this morning it’s stitching beautiful. But...and there’s always a but...   I was doing a pantograph and as usual the cone unwinding as I sew catches my eye. I stopped and looked and part of the thread was unwinding/raveling when it came off the cone. So now I’m wondering if I have a bad cone of Omni thread. I unwound a bunch of it and rewound some bobbins with it and haven’t seen anymore. I’m thinking this is what happened when the thread was breaking/raveling down by the needle.  Thanks for your suggestions and I did check for burrs and have none.