Essential Thread by Connecting Threads

12 hours ago, dbams said:

I have used it in the past.  Worked pretty well, but it is definitely linty.  Have you treated it with a thread conditioner?  I put Sewer's Aid on it, enough lines of it up the spool to mostly cover all the thread.

Betsy - have you ever oiled your thread?  Someone else asked about this in another thread.  I found some YouTube videos showing basically dipping the thread in mineral oil to condition it.  It doesn't seem necessary on polyester threads but might be useful for cottons.  They are adamant that it doesn't leave residue or stain the quilts.

Sue

3 hours ago, SueD said:

Betsy - have you ever oiled your thread?  Someone else asked about this in another thread.  I found some YouTube videos showing basically dipping the thread in mineral oil to condition it.  It doesn't seem necessary on polyester threads but might be useful for cottons.  They are adamant that it doesn't leave residue or stain the quilts.

Sue

Sue, I bought some silicone thread conditioner, but haven't used it much because I could never find out how long to dunk the spools.  Just saw a You Tube video about using mineral oil, and based on that, I think I will go with 5-10 seconds, and then let it drip before setting it aside to soak in.  Sewer's Aid has worked very well for me, but it can get expensive, even with 40% off coupons at JoAnn, as it only comes in little bottles.  Thread can definitely dry out, so this is a good option to delay that process.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:40 AM, dbams said:

I have used it in the past.  Worked pretty well, but it is definitely linty.  Have you treated it with a thread conditioner?  I put Sewer's Aid on it, enough lines of it up the spool to mostly cover all the thread.

Thanks. I am trying it.