frustration with my Millie

I have an older Millenium.  I just quilted 2 small quilts using the same needle, thread and bobbin.  I loaded another to use with the same items and it started shreading the top thead so I changed the needle.  It continued to do that so I changed the thread and put in a new bobbin.  Now it keeps breaking the thread and when it stitches it is skipping stitches.  How can it work fine on the two previous quilts and not this one?  HELP!

Check your top thread routing.  You may have gotten the top thread looped around something where it does not belong.  Get the book out to make certain you have threaded properly.  Then check your thread bar over the top tensioner, to make sure it is positioned correctly.

As you changed bobbins, take a business card and clean the bobbin tensioner. 

https://www.apqs.com/how-to-thread-your-apqs-longarm-quilting-machine-2/

https://www.apqs.com/bobbin-case-care-and-tension-adjustment/

Hopefully these two videos will get you up and running again soon.  

Best of luck.

Cagey

Thanks Cagey.  I blew out the bobbin case, and oiled everything, changed my needle again, rethreaded and cleaned out the tension on the bobbin case, I turned off my stitch regulator and tried again.  It seems to be working.  I only have about 3 rows of a pantograph left.  I will hold my breath and forge on. I will check out these videos when I'm finished this quilt.  I lay in bed this morning thinking it has been a very long time since I gave Millie a good WD40 bath and since I don't have anything pressing when I finish this quilt I think I will do that.