Major OOPs! Need help with my Millie

Okay, I did the ultimate no-no to my machine. I was cleaning it and letting it run after oiling and went to wipe the oil away (oblivously not thinking) and caught the towel in the bobbin area. It stopped....dead! I was able to get everything cleaned out and replaced the way it is suppose to be (just getting the nerves to try). However, it will not turn on. No lights, no laser, no LEDs...nada. The needle did pop back up (without using the flywheel) after I got the towel out. And the flywheel works to up/down the needle.

I have been through the manuals, and APQS chat topics and cannot find anything on this type of problem. I thought that maybe I blew a fuse, but I can't find any kind of fuse. Don't think it is the motor since it did not make any kind of smell (I'm comparing it to a vacuum cleaner burned up motor).

I did read online that capitors and relays can get blown. Any suggestions? (Of course, just in time for a holiday!).

Any help would be appreciated!

How to change the fuse is also in the video you got with your machine.

My local Home Depot doesn't carry them, looked when mine blew but Radio shack does here's the link for which kind to ask for when you go to your local dealer.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102761&cp=&pg=5&origkw=fuses&kw=fuses&parentPage=search

It's a good idea to keep a couple of these around, just in case, ask me how I know, lol ;)

Joann

It worked! I popped in the new fuse and my baby just started right up! All is well. Best cleaning it has had in a while too!

Things learned:

Do not mess with the machine when tired!

Turn off machine BEFORE wiping down!

Thank you ladies!

Betty:D

Archived