Bliss carriage

I haven’t been on here in so long but I need help! I upgraded my 2008 Freedom to bliss about 8 years ago or so. Due to life’s events my machine was stored until last year. I am having trouble with the carriage. There is about a 1/4” play in the front of the carriage which then proceeds to get stuck or tight so the carriage barely moves or creates flat sides on feathers because I can’t move the machine. I’m in the middle of a quilt with no zipper system so I’m waiting to finish quilting it before I fix the machine. I will say these are the worst feathers I have ever quilted. What needs to be done? Does it need service?

Thank you,

Cheryl

Is your frame square?  

Did you install the carriage correctly on the frame?  When I put my carriage on, I tilt the back end up because there's a lip on the front that needs to go underneath an edge on the table. 

Can you post some pics of where the carriage sits on the bliss rails?

Thank you for your insights! I will check to see if it is squared. I assumed it was which is not always the case. I will check the lip too to make sure it is on right. It may be a day or two before I can get a picture up. It is a large quilt on the machine right now so taking a picture may prove difficult in getting a clear shot. 

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...