Is there an app that lets you upload pictures of quilt blocks and then rearrange them on a grid?

It is sometimes challenging to find a satisfying arrangement of scrappy blocks for a quilt.  I put them on my design wall and then move them around.  Inevitably, I end up with too much of a particular color or print in one section or another.  I hope to find an app that will allow me to upload pictures of each block and then drag them onto a grid and rearrange them on my computer or tablet.  Does such a thing exist?

Thank you,

Jill

I haven't seen a software product to do this specifically, but I would do it the old-fashioned way - print out a photo of my squares, cut them up and move them around, kinda like a puzzle. Once they're in an arrangement that's appealing to me, take another photo, print it and start rearranging my blocks!

I searched online and found photovisi.com.  This company allows you to create large photo collages for free.  They have many design options to choose from.  I chose "The Big Square Grid" layout. 

I saved screenshots of quilt blocks from EQ7 onto my desktop so that I would have something to play with.  I uploaded the files to Photovisi.  I was able to click and drag the images but I couldn't rotate them.  (There is a circle with arrows above the selected image.  I clicked on the circle, but it didn't let me rotate the image.)

I haven't tried using this on my tablet yet.

I attached a screenshot for your consideration.  

Jill

photo visi.JPG

• 7 months later...

I use a program called Quilter's Lightbox.  It was very inexpensive.  You take pictures of your quilt blocks (or a whole quilt).  You can rearrange the blocks to your heart's desire.  Then the most wonderful thing is you can audition thread and quilting patterns on the "finished" quilt.  It's a nice little program. 

If you are looking for software to design quilts, I use Electric Quilt or Premier+ ECQ by Husqvarna.  In both of these, I can take pictures of my actual fabrics and then create quilt blocks using those fabrics.  

Hope this helps.