HELP- #1-Needle hitting Stitch Plate, #2 can't get tension corrected

Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this problem. Yesterday while quilting all was going great, then stitches became terrible on the bottom. I tried to correct tension, just got worse. I changed bobbin, bobbin case and re-threaded Millie. Nothing was helping her. I decided maybe she just needed to be cleaned as I have done 4 quilt tops recently. Proceeded to clean, took needle out and cleaned completely including moving stitch plate over to clean under there too as I could see quite a bit of particles. Put all back together, placed new needle, new bobbin case and bobbin. As soon as I started machine up the needle broke. I though maybe I didn't tighten sew enough, so put another needle in her and then the same result broke another needle. Sounded like it was hitting the stitch plate, but all hole are lined up with screws in place. I gave up at this point as I was getting no where and didn't want to cause any damage to Millie or myself.

MILLIE IS 2008 MODEL- NEVER HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS PREVIOUSLY  THAT I COULD NOT CORRECT

PLEASE HELP ME,

248 730 4723

Thank you, 

Terri

Rotate the machine with the hand wheel and see what the needle is hitting.  It is possible to rotate the needle plate 180 degrees and install the screws.  If you did that the needle and the hole in the plate won’t line up.  So is the needle installed as high as it will go with the groove facing forward?  It was about six years in before I installed a needle incorrectly.

Nigel