I retimed my Millie and now it will not sew front to back?

Watched the video; awesome btw. But it was hard to get my head close enough to see where I marked the needle! So I thought I had it; put it all back together and now it's hard to pick up the bobbin thread and sill only sew side to side. I missed something!!

Thanks for your help

Linnea

Are you stitching in manual or regulated mode?  If it's only happening in SR mode, check that you have your cables plugged in correctly for all of the encoders.  It's possible to get them switched and then the encoders wouldn't be signaling the machine to make stitches.  

I'd guess that your re-timing wasn't completely successful.  Go ahead and re-time it again.  Pay particular attention to the position of the needle eye when it meets the hook.  I assume you just changed the hook position, and the "re-timing" didn't involve a change in needle bar height.  If you changed the needle bar height that's another issue.  I think the noise you hear is probably the needle hitting the hook.  Again a symptom of improper timing.  Good luck.  Jim  PS:  If there is no in/out play in the hook when you pull and push on the small center shaft, the hook you have is still probably good.  Jim