Question on Compuquilter

Melody

Busy stitching along happy as a clam..... All of a sudden the speed just gets higher and higher until it is all the way to 15 and I am not touching anything on the machine. Its not a one time thing either it keeps doing it. What has happened and what can I do????

Hi Melody

Try running your machine with the CQ turned off and unplugged, switches down and see if you have the same problem. If you do it is most likely a Milli problem if not its a CQ problem. Check that all your wires are in securely particularly under the back right handle.

You could also remove the top cover and blow across the boards in case there is a fragment of a wire touching something it shouldn't.

Good luck

sue in Australia

Hi Melody,

My suggestion would be the same as Sue's. When I got my first Millie (pre-CQ) it had a little gliche in the stitch regulator - electrically. It started out with the climbing of speed, then over the course of a few weeks, began doing the flopping back & forth thing, then finally, it began loosing speed over the course of a row until it would be bottoming out as far as speed. APQS first sent a new circut board, but eventually the head just needed to be sent in for maintainence.

If it still does it when you are in freehand mode, then it's in the head, probably not the CQ end.

Archived