Inteliquilter (iQ)vs Quilt Path 5

Hi

New to longarm quilting and looking to get a computerized system for my APQS Millie.  I have not been able to find any recent discussions that will help me compare between the Intelliquilter system (iQ) and the Quilt Path system. Looking for input on which system seems more user friendly, has more capabilities, which is less prone to crashes and glitches, which integrates with the machine best  etc.  I like the idea of how Quilt Path melds so well with the AQPS frame and looks like it belongs ( iQ seems to have several small electronic boxes that just sort of 'stick onto' the machine and look like aftermarket add-ons). I can get past this if it is the better system, but I cannot seem to really find any great You tube videos etc that really show what the updated versions of  Quilt Path can do .... more available on iQ it seems. I am a detail-oriented person, so if I am going to customize my quilting with a computerized system, I want one that can do a lot without frustration and will really let me refine my positioning, sizing, alignment etc. 

I'd like to make a well-educated decision and am finding that hard to do.  Please help with input, especially if you have used both systems. 

Thanks!

Contact Angela Huffman at Quilted Joy in KY - she is an APQS Repr, very experienced in both (she sells both).  The systems use different technologies for the operating systems and depending on how you learn or like the operating system may help you decide. www.quiltedjoy.com

I have had both - currently have an IQ on an older Millie (2008). I don't have any knowledge about the updated QuiltPath but I found the one I had very difficult to use for custom quilting. I also found it quite slow to do anything. One example would be that even when I set it for the fastest sewing speed, it was extremely slow.  Also, we were told to set the design up and send it to the system to sew. It would take forever to be ready to sew. We were told to go get a cup of coffee while we waited. This was unacceptable. I am hoping the system is more powerful now and can process faster. There is absolutely no wait time with the IQ. Also, I found the QP extremely difficult for me because the way you did things was not the way I think. IQ thinks like I do. Test both systems thoroughly - centering a quilting pattern inside a hexagon, a circle, a block, etc. Don't take it for granted that everything will be centered properly! How easy is it to split a design to fit your quilting area or change the design slightly? How easy is it to tweak your design to follow an area that might not be 100% perfect? It is quite easy with the IQ, it wasn't on the QuiltPath I had. Good luck with whatever your choice is but I do recommend quite strongly that you test both systems in operation to be sure you get what will work best for you. My mistake with purchasing the QP when it first came out was a very costly mistake for me.