Help - my Millie is vibrating the whole house!

juliagraves

I recently moved and my Millie is now on the first floor (house has a basement). When I operate it, people elsewhere in the house can feel a small vibration and a low hum throughout the entire house.

I never noticed this before, but I had the Millie set up in the basement at my old house.

The machine is level and on casters (large with 3 wheels on each table leg), and on carpet. This is the same set up I had before when it was in the basement.

Have others had this problem? Is there a way to dampen the vibrations? Should I worry about any structural damage to my house?

I had a similar situation in my old house with my front loading washer, which was on the second floor. When it spun, the whole house shook. I worried about that too...

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Julia

Since I only have a single level house (and no basement either) I cannot give you any real advice. However, my old top loader washer did give me a fright when it would spin, I could hear and FEEL it sometimes even in my concrete foundation house. One day my homicidal washer spun so hard I could feel it and then it attacked the dryer. I wonder if it's a structural thing, houses do "give and take" a little and that is natural. but a low hummmmm and feeling the machine on another level that may be something else. You might give the techs a call at APQS and they might be able to give you direct advice about this like a rubber mat underneath, etc.

Archived