idea please

I have a lap sized quilt of the Mystery Wheel pattern made of batiks with a 4" border.

Any suggestions on how to quilt this? There are so many intersecting circles and angles, I can't just highlight one of them with a particular design. I had thought of using the CL spirals, and maybe a cross hatch in the border just to keep it from being so visually circular. It's almost dizzying to find all the circles.

I also have thought that angular geometric quilts need the softening of curves in the quilting. But this has so many curves, not sure how to balance it with a more angular design.

Any ideas out there? Thanks.

Grace, I believe that if you look on the Circle Lord site you will find a picture of this quilt done with spirals in the center and a square spiral in the border.

I quilted this quilt using my CQ using a variation of spirls in the body - this pattern came with the CQ - and I used Keryn Emmerson's Square spirals in the border. In the corners of the borders I did a single CQ Spiral. You can see my quilt on my webshots site - I believe it is in my "Quilted By Sue" album or 2007.

Thanks for all the great ideas. It certainly true that 'two (or more) heads are better than one".

Thanks a lot. Your suggestions have taken the 'mystery' out of this quilt for me.

Sue, I loved your quilting for this quilt.

Thanks again to everyone.

Grace

Archived