saggy leaders

No, this is not a political statement.:P

Seriously, the centers of my leaders are sagging which causes them to not roll the top straight. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem, short of removing my zippers and reapplying them?

I had thought of just stitching a straight line as a guide, then folding over the leader along that line and restitching. Would that work?

What have other people done to resolve this problem?

Thanks

ROFLOL! :P Uh...Yes...It is a politcal statement! ;)

Grace, joking aside, I read a post from our famous Dawn Cavanaugh that to keep your leaders in good condition, after each use, roll them up and tug gently to get them to align again. If you do this regularly after each job they should stay in shape. Go give them a good tugging. :)

Oh and another thing I just thought of: When not in use, our lovely friend, Caron in IL zips her leaders together and pulls them taught (not too tight) to get them aligned again and keep them that way until ready to use again.

I tug them and pin into place at the ends each time I get done using them and when they are in use I also tug them into place and pin the ends down. I have two rollers that have the same leaders on them and they are just about 9 years old. I replaced the other one cuz I cut it with a seam ripper.:( I don't use those anymore;)

I have tried zipping them together, and wetting them, but perhaps I did not wet them enough. Also, I did not put the clamps on the sides. I will try both of these. Much easier than my original plan.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Wish I could go to Innovations this year, but I am off to Kenya/Tanzania the following week, and just couldn't do the scheduling this time. Hopefully next year the timing will be better.

Thanks again.

Archived