New quilt finished with a friend

This is a string quilt for a baby quilted with the CL clam shells. I highly recommend the CL clam shell template. It is a blast to quilt. The kitty cat is made from a pattern by Alley Cats patterns. It is easy to make and fun to give. It also comes with an angel kitty that I have made when people are in the hospital. :)

post--13461898631035_thumb.jpg

The string pattern is just a square . Then you pick one color to start with down the middle and then you just use strips to add on then square up the block when finished or trip the edges to your square. I used a muslin background on this one but it makes the quilt pretty heavy, I\'m doing another one right now using regular white paper. When I get the blocks pieced I rip the paper off. If you use paper set your machine to a smaller stitch and then the paper will rip easier. It\'s a mess but it\'s a good T.V. job.I just fold the paper to make a square trim off the excess and then I have the spot marked for the center color. You can really have fun with lots of smaller scraps with this pattern. Go Heartstrings on I believe Yahoo groups and thy have lots of neat ways to put the strings blocks together.

The kitty pattern is probably still available search Alley Cat patterns.

Archived