Just spent the weekend at my guild's fall retreat...

....and I had so much fun.

Most of all, I have laughed more in these two days than I have in the last two weeks. Besides quilting and eating and sleeping, I was ROFLMAO with my girls pretty much non stop. They are a hoot n a half.

It was agreed by everyone there that we all had way too much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be home, though, but looking forward to the next retreat. My guild girls are the best women in the whole wide world and I love them dearly!

Oh and we had show & tells and I showed them some of my quilts, and I think I got some potential clients for quilting jobs! Yaaay! :P

Yes, we did lots of sewing, eating, and not much sleeping. It was held at a local lodge about 20 minutes from my house. Beautiful place on the hillside with a killer view of the Alaska mountain range and river valley. Plus, we just got our first snow, and then got some ice fog so all the trees were white and crystalized with snow crystals. The branches were pretty with the sun glinting off the crystals and against the clear blue sky. :)

Teresa, come on up! Anyone is welcome to attend. Two ladies (not guild members) attended and after this weekend\'s laugh-a-thon they are joining our guild. :)

I go to a similiar kind of retreat in Ill. A gentleman friend started it as a hunting lodge, but the quilters have taken over from Jan to Oct. (After that the hunters take over) We have a great time getting together. Everyone is working on something different and you can learn so many new techniques. Every once in a while, someone will be working on something the rest of us "just have to have" and then it\'s a mad dash to the quilt store. I now have more tote bags than I will ever need in my life. One for quilts, one for books, one for cutting mats, etc. Sure is a lot of fun. Sharing receipes and patterns sure kick starts my energy. Glad your having fun up north. BTW, can\'t believe it\'s snowing already. We are supposed to get cold this week, but no white stuff yet!!

Thanks for sharing Shana. Your emails make me smile!!:)

Oh Shana sounds like you had a great time. What a beautiful setting for some fun.

I go to retreats in Cloudcroft NM. One in spring and the other in fall. It has been the same (with little variations)ladies for 8 yrs (wow time flys). We all bring what we are working on, sew,gab, eat, do show and tell, eat some more and get very little sleep. The past 3 retreats have somehow turned into slipper/sock contest. Each year they get more far out. The last two years PJ\'s are getting crazier. I have a friend who flies to Albuquerque from Friensdswood, Tx. Then we drive up. This year she wanted to top the PJ list. We had PJ\'s with rabbits on them and white bunny slippers with large ears and wiskers. We weren\'t sure this would make the impression we wanted so we wore rabbit ears and tail. (Think Playboy bunny ears and cotton tail attached to elastic). Now lets just say our current figures were never ment to be bunny costumes. But we hopped into the sewing room (ears and all) to the hoots, cheers and laughter of all. (the pictures ARE NOT PRETTY). If any of you have not gone to a retreat put this on your MUST DO LIST. You won\'t regret it.

Yes, we have been invited back for the Spring retreat.

Archived