ultimate1 machine

Ok I need help! I just bought a long arm machine (Used of course)its an Ultimate 1 and have no book(manual) and am afraid to try load a quilt. I dont know How!:(:(

Please help anyone if you can! Darcy I am waiting for APQS to send one by mail, but have not recieved yet.

PS I am new to this chatting!:o

Is the manual going to show me how to load or is this something we figure out on our own? I dont know anyone personally who has a long arm machine. I bought it from a 90yr old woman and I dont think she used it but 4 times in five years. I have srubbed it and now waiting to learn where I oil and all else that there is to learn. I am very excited to get going. Have been frustrated all afternoon. I have a top and back pc ready. Just need some Info!! Thanks for listening!! , Darcy

Sorry you are to far for me, but maybe someone else will step up to help you with loading and some other tips. Also as stated there are loads of others who either started out with ULT 1\'s or do still have them.

I\'m sending you a U2U...go to the upper right hand corner and click on the link when it pops up....just under the time and date

Thanks SO much Bonnie . That would be fabulous!:) I will most likely give you a call tomorrow night. Its already 7:30 here in MN and there is that job I have to go to in the AM! This chat site is awesome! I am so thankful I found it. There are many nice people out there willing to help out!

Thanks Darcy

Duluth, Minnesota

Helen Smith Stone

218-625-1032 (Office)

218-722-9880 (Home)

218-341-0489 (Cell) | skyquilt@quiltingonthewaterfront.com

Duluth, Minnesota

Karen McTavish

McTavish Quilting Studio

Private Classes and Workshops

1826 East 8th Street

Duluth MN 55812

www.designerquilts.com

kmctavish@designerquilts.com

(218) 391-8218

Here are two in Duluth that would be excellent reps - give them a call.

Sue in Iowa

Darcy,

I really cannot help you...but welcome to the APQS chat. This is the go to place when you are looking for inspiration, conversation, direction, or just a smile. There are some really great quilters here and they are always willing to give advice or lend a helping hand if they can.

Hang in there, help is on it\'s way.

Mary Beth

Hi Darcy,

I just sold my second Ultimate I. When I got my first one a couple years ago, I was in the same place that you are in...how do I load a quilt?

I found a web-site that gave step-by-step instructions on how to load a quilt on an Ultimate I. Here is the link.

MeadowLyon web-site - click here

Click on Tips button and then look in the middle of the screen for the link "(For instructions on how to load the

Ultimate I quilting machine, click here)" This is the Angela Meadows method and I followed it. Angela Meadows is part of the MeadowLyon quilt designs.

I hope this helps you. :)

I found some old photos. Please note that I float my quilts which means that the quilt top is not attached to the quilt top roller.

rollers.jpg

Full float

fullfloat.jpg

Hi Darcy,

When I first saw and Ultimate II listed for sale-- (similar to your Ultimate I)---I searched the internet for pictures of the machine. I found a total of two! This was before I actually went to look at it. I eventually purchased the machine in Jan. 2007. It\'s a 1999 model.

I decided that after I had the machine all set up I would take pictures so that other prospective buyers would have something to at least give them an idea of what one looked like!;)

You are welcome to look in my Picturetrails album that is devoted to "Rosie". There are some pictures there of a quilt loaded on the frame---I\'m not sure if the Ultimate I loads the same--but, it will hopefully help you. I have pictures of Rosie as she was when I first purchased it, and also with the currant updates I did in August when we put on Edgerider wheels and the Intellistitch stitch regulator.

Hope the following tiny URL link works. If not email me.

BTW---I really like my machine!

http://tinyurl.com/34cjfk

Archived