MQX

DB

FYI, Anyone who is planning on attending MQX in Manchester, N.H. this coming April should send in their registrations soon, if you haven't already. The classes are starting to fill, some are already closed. Also 2 of the hotels are already filled. DB

I entered 4 quilts last year in MQX, I was told that it was unfair that I had a computerized machine so I couldn\'t be entered in most of the catagories. :mad:They didnt want three of my quilts in the devisions I wanted in.:mad:

I wound up with only one quilt going and not even in the catagory I wanted it in. :( They promised for more computerized catagories;), we\'ll see.

This enspired me to quilt more freehand, but most of my quilts are combination computer, tools and freehand...and my feathers are "outta this world" as one quilter told me;)......

I\'ll catch the show on the MQX web site when the show starts.

:cool: My good friend in New York might go and take lots of pics.....right B?

Originally posted by michaelalan

I entered 4 quilts last year in MQX, I was told that it was unfair that I had a computerized machine so I couldn\'t be entered in most of the catagories.

Michaelalan, it is my understanding that this year computerized quilts are going to be judged alongside all the other quilts. The catalog states "Men Can Quilt and Quilts of the Future have been discontinued due to lack of entries. Entries quilted with computerized quilting machines may be entered into the applicable category."

I have a room reserved at the Radisson but at this point in time I\'m not sure I\'m going to be able to make it to MQX:( I should know shortly.

I have a quilt that I had entered into my local longarm quilters guild 2007 President\'s Challenge that I\'m considering entering. It is a wholecloth done with the CompuQuilter. I just found out today I won a blue ribbon:D I think I\'m still in shock. This is the first time I\'ve ever entered anything. I hope to have a picture to post shortly.

Of the four catagories I entered, those were two of the catagories they wouldn\'t let me enter in. I was only allowed to enter in the computerized only, but not with the one I made for the computerized catagory but the one I made for the men only division.

They made the changes not me. I was told that it was the only catagory my quilting could be put in. I didn\'t have a say in the matter, I was just shoved into that catagory, and promised that next year there would be more choices. It seemed that they were far more interested in the type of machine and computerized system I had, they demanded the make and model in order for me to enter the show. I suspect that sponsership is one of the driving forces in this show. I\'m not gonna waste my money on going to NH in the cold/snow, as far as entering the show again. I\'ll stick with the local stuff here on the West Coast.:cool: The Miner and his Mule is the quilt I made for my dad. It was the only quilt that I was allowed to enter, it\'s on my web site in the photos. The Venuses and Tumbelina were rejected....:(

http://home.comcast.net/~michaelalanpaul/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

Archived