Thanksgiving craft--with pics

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving--and found blessings in the season--whether with family or not.

My family has a tradition of making cookies and doing a craft together--on the day after-and then the men all come for supper at night. The family has grown considerabley since we started this--and now have 8 kids under Kindergarten with 4 above that--so my house is ABUZZ with noise and laughter--hardly any crying or fighting this year!!!!

Just thought I would share a few pics of our time together--and pray that we all count our blessings every day and not just at Thanksgiving--as this was the first one without my Dad.

Anyway--enjoy a peek into my home and life.

Terri

post--13461898772994_thumb.jpg

None of my sisters have even used a sewing machine--so I usually come up with a cut and glue type of craft--but this year I wanted to expand their minds a little!!! So we made a wool cover with some applique for one of those composition notebooks. I opened up my stash of wools and had some fat quarters of Amy Butler fabrics and the sample of mine--and then helped each one on my Bernina and my DD had hers home from college and she helped some on hers--it was great fun!! The girls always think this is the best part of the day--as I always keep the craft a secret from them until we start--so they never know!!

My mom is first on the left in back and then me--rest are sisters--and sister in law is first on left in front--we always havae a lot of fun together.

post--13461898773427_thumb.jpg

last one--a closeup of what we made. I purchased the kit from Country Threads at the Minnesota State Quilt Show last spring with my Mom and sister, made it this fall during harvest--when my DH works late--and thought it would make a perfect group event and it was a hit!!

post--13461898773632_thumb.jpg

How fun, how fun can it get. A day to forget the worries of the world and be with family and love and laugh a lot. We also do Thanksgiving at my home with my husband\'s side of the family and my parents. After dinner, the gals do a craft and the guys/kids play board games or nap. We all stay in one room so we can be together. This year the gal\'s did bookmarks and Christmas cards with stamps, stickers and lots of colored pencils. And then we eat again......

The holidays are so wonderful - we are truly blessed!

Sharon.

Archived