New Photo Quilt

This is a new kind of quilt for me I had never made one. I took the photo. The quilt has 6,500 one inch blocks in it with the 2 borders. It was a surprise for them for Christmas.

It took me 5 weeks. I barely made it ( I had to have surgery on my hand) finished it after the surgery. I didn\'t get to quilt it because I don\'t have a machine yet... When I gave it to the lady from Florida she almost cried.

It was hard to get the photo I had to take several and I didn\'t wan\'t them to get to wondering what I was doing.

They didn\'t have a clue.

Hope you like.

Marcie

post--13461898908621_thumb.jpg

The web site for this program to transfer your photos into quilts is

http://www.quiltedphoto.com

But I would recomend you use the one inch grid interfaceing not the fuseable net she recomends, it streches and you really don\'t know where to sew to get it come out right.

I started with quilted photo 2 to see if it worked (it did) so I up graded to quilted photo 3 which was a mistake I don\'t like it as well and the photo\'s come out better and faster on the quilted photo 2. I like the distance viewer its great for all quilts. If you order it tell Tammy I told you about it ( first name Gwendolyn. LOL

Marcie

Hey Marcie,

Just awesome!!!to capture people at a certain time in their life like that in such a neat way...it will forever be cherished by them and you did a really wonderful job...I can see why she felt like crying....I felt the same way when a professional photographer brought over our family picture a few years ago...it is that the nearest and dearest to you are forever captured in a moment that you can keep close always....what a gift...i would love to learn this also..will have to check out the website too...thanks for sharing!!Denise

Archived