Design Book for Customers - Need help?

I have purchased various designs now, that I have had my machine for a little while. I would like to look a bit more professional when someone comes to my house by having a book that has all my designs that I can do in a nice 3 ring binder with the design printed out.

How do I do this? Not all designs come with a jpg, or wmf,

What are you gals doing to show your customers your stuff?

Do you just have them scroll with you your computer?

Any suggestions on organization in this part of the business would be helpful, as I am just begining to take on customer quilts and could use some advise.

Brenda

I use a 3 ring binder and I have pictures of different quilts I have done using different kinds of patterns and they are organized so leaves are together, feathers are together, Christmas are together, etc. I also have some samples of fillers and each one is in a clear sleeve. I have an opening page with my business cards, size and cost of an average crib, lap, twin, queen and king. I include a sleeve with samples of the batting I carry and a sample of the kinds of thread available (varigated, metallic)

In the back of the book I have some sketches and blank paper so if customer asks if I can do a kind of design, I can sketch what I think she is talking about.

I also include nice big pictures of Wow quilts. It gets their attention.

I usually meet customers at the LQS since I live 15 miles from town and the binder is really helpful. Pictures help them to visualize what can be done.

I took a bunch of my practice pieces and cut them into 12x12 squares and the put them toghether with those o ring clamps. I also write on the fabric ( I practice on plain colors usually with bright thread) the pattern and the size. This really helps them to see what it actually looks like. In addition I have my photo full color portfolio. If you do a better sample, you can always pull the old icky ones out and replace.

Another thing that is very helpful to clients is my white board. You can sketch a design really quick to develop ideas. Good Luck

In addition to the other ideas, you can have a section on pantographs that you offer. You can go on line and save the example to your computer and then put them all on a page or several pages. You can get a bunch on each page.You could even catagorize them, such as "Childrens", "Sports", "Floral" , etc.

I use a 3 ring binder for my "Design Book" as well as having a very detailed web site.

Most long arm retailers that sell products to us long armers have websites with images of the products that they sell,(pantograghs, stencils, block patterns, border patterns etc...) these images ar already in either jpeg or bitmap format and unless they protected their images can be right mouse clicked on the individual images then copied and saved to a web site or into your own personal files on your computer that you can put several or more on a page based on catogories, designers or size. However because of copyrights you do need to put on your website ect... that these images and or designs are of the designers that created them by listing their names. This way your customers don\'t assume that they are your own designs and not someone eles.

My design book is basically printed pages of my web site (for the designs that I offer that is) then I also have my thread color cards (if you use Superior Threads you can purchase these through them), My pricing, and any promos that I am currently offering. I put all of my pages in thoseplastic page protectors that you can buy at any office supply store like Stapples, Office Max etc..

I get a lot of comments about how "Professional" everything looks from my brochures, business cards, website to my design book. Also make sure you have a great logo image to put on these items...it helps them to stand out from the rest of the other businesses.

Archived