Rough Ride

Just recently disassembled and moved my Millineum. Also put on new wheels when it was reassembled. I haven't actually tried to sew on it yet but when I move the head around it just seems rough. There's not the fluid motion it used to have. I've tried setting the cams on the head at several disserent numbers and also on the table. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks, Linda Kate

• 3 months later...

I have new wheels and am doing some freehand work. The machine runs like a dream at the front and middle positions, but in the back it is binding. I feel like I'm wrestling with it. I've used some of the troubleshooting tips from Connie and that hasn't helped. I have a call into Connie but I'm not very patient waiting for help! Does anyone have other suggestions? I'm going to go check the level of everything as has been suggested, and then loosen the bolts on the carriage and table, hopefully letting them "settle" and then retighten them. It's so frustrating to have so much of the space be so easy to move around in and some SO difficult!

Teri

So! My table was not level! The back was lower than the front. I've brought it up to almost the right level, as much as I can do by myself. I'll get it a bit higher when I have some help. The "binding" I felt at the back of the table has now moved to the middle. Connie called back, told me how to measure across the table (with a metal tape measure, up and over the lexan and across to the other side) and it was exactly the same across the table. She said to pay careful attention to the spots where the tubes are (where there are bolts that can be adjusted). So I called back and talked to Terry. (Connie is the sole technician for the next two weeks!) She walked me through the proper adjustment of the wheels (mine were not exactly right!). I tried quilting again and I still have the binding in the middle (front to back). I will call Connie back tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived