I have a friend who will be renting time on my Millennium. She asked me the other day if her "L" size bobbins for her Bernina would work in my machine. She wants to have a supply of bobbins prewound with her particular thread before she gets here to use the machine. Does anyone know if these will work?

If you do a google.com search for "longarm machine rental", you'll dome up with several web sites that offer rentals. There is a wide range of pricing, but you'll get a good feel for what's out there.

Make SURE you're covered by insurance, and add some of this cost to your rental fee. Remember how much money you have invested in this machine, and understand that YOU will have to be personally present in case anything goes wrong.

There is one web site, www.moonstarstudio.com that is worth checking out. They do a series of training, leading up to a "master" certificate. The more training the student pays for, the more the hourly rental fee drops. Obviously, a well-trained student will not require the owner's time or attention as much as a renter who has only paid for minimal training.

If you do decide to rent, make sure the renter knows what their responsibilities are with regards to machine maintenance; ie. cleaning and oiling after or before use; cleaning up threads from the floor; checking the wheels for threads before they leave the workshop, etc. etc. etc. Decide what is important to you, and make sure your renters each abide by the SIGNED agreement.

Each student should have their own set of zippers so mounting and removal time is limited.

LOTS to think about before jumping into this frying pan! ;)

Just for the fun of it, call a rental shop that rents equipment like lawn mowers etc., and see how much the rental would be for a $16000 machine. THAT will be a big eye opener for you!

Archived