Sagging Plexiglass

shadows4

Mark or Amy:

The plexiglass on my table, between the support rollers, is sagging. When I use my Circle Lord, the stylus comes out of the groove at certain spots. I have to put other templates underneath the one I'm using so that it won't come out of the groove. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Or, to put it more honestly: what can my DH do to prevent that?

I have a 14 foot table that I bought new from APQS in July of 2005.

I just moved this from the upper section so it might get easier attention.

If the Lexan is not level correct the table. Sight along the table from one end along the top of the rails. If the table is low in the middle adjust the two stove bolts on the tension bars beneath your table until table is level, (Increase the gap between the table and the tension bar. I have never seen an APQS table that needs support. The bars should be adjusted, I haven\'t read the manual lately but I think it is addressed in the manual. .

John

John,

Thanks for the reply.

The Lexan is bowed between the rails and the support rollers. The table and the Lexan are level where the Lexan lies. Think of a hammock. Where a hammock hangs lower in the middle where there is no support, that\'s how the Lexan is, only slightly, though just enough to cause problems with my CL.

Jeanne:

My wife had the same problem with the stylus coming out of the template accross the middle of the table. If you remove the stylus you will see the nylon round piece in the tube. It can be hammered down a little bit probably quarter inch will do. I just moved the machine so the stylus tube was at the rear edge of the table, put a block of wood under the tube and used a socket as a punch and gave it a hit with a hammer. If you contact Michael at Circle Lord he could probably explain this better.

Hope this helps

Nigel

Archived