Limited Space Please Help_ComputerQuilter

Hi Brenda,

I think I have around 17"...this may sound silly, but have you recently disengaged your machine head from the carriage? If so, make sure you screwed the bolt back onto the black metal piece on the wire that drives the machine head and not into the bolt holes on the bar that the carriage wheels are mounted to.

Nadia

Brenda -- If you turn off the CQ and the machine, can you manually move the head the full (17") travel? It almost sounds like you have something jamming the machine on the carriage (like WE have NEVER had that happen :( ). Also watch when the machine stops (when under power) to see where the brackets are in relation to the sensors.

Johnmach

Brenda,

I believe your Y lock has been moved on the Y axis cable, and you are "running out of cable" on the Y pulley motor.

This can happen if the Y lock set screw loosened up and slid out of its original position... Maybe you tightened it back down BUT did not make sure it was secured in the middle of the Y cable\'s travel path.

To check to see if this is the cause, look at the cable where it is connected into the Y pully motor spindle when you are at the place where the machine stops moving. If the cable is being pulled all the way at the end of the pulley out of the set-screw held hole, then you simply need to readjust the Y lock position on the cable into the correct position.

To do this, loosen the set screw on the Y- lock (you will see it on the bottom of the block that connects it to the cable). Turn off your stepping motor, manually turn the Y pulley motor spindle until the cable is feeding off the middle onto the Y return pulley. Reattach the Y-lock in the middle of the machine carrige length of exposed cable, and secure it to the cable by tightening the set-screw.

I am in Cali doing a CQ set-up tomorrow, but can walk you through it over the phone after I am finished. Give me a call if you need help.

This is an easy fix.... so don\'t fret! ;):)

Archived