Vert. channel lock stuck on, Help!!!

Not a good thing to have happen on a Friday afternoon! It happens to me once in awhile. I just wiggle the machine a little, very little, against the direction it\'s locked it. In other words, the way it doesn\'t want to go. Then press the button to unlock it again. Don\'t force it.

Originally posted by laurashogren

I tried that, I\'m thinking of sticking a piece of paper or something in it so I can quilt, what do you think?

L

I would say you are more inventive than I lol. I would never have thought of that. I don\'t even know where I would stick the paper.

Laura,

John is absolutely correct in the process of mechanically disengaging the channel lock gear...

BUT just to be sure it is mechanically stuck and not electrically stuck...

Glance up at your left bank of indicator lights. Your channel locks will light up the last two lights on the right side of the left bank when they are electrically engaged. If these lights are not on, then it is a simple mechanical problem.

If you do see one of these lights on, give us a call, and we\'ll walk you through that easy fix too!

I\'m hoping you are quilting happily away by now!!:D

Hi Laura,

This is Mark on Claudia\'s computer in Germany. If you can\'t see why it won\'t let loose, you can always unplug the lock and then the wheel sould turn freely until you can call Amy and trouble shoot the problem. It is the little plug from the black box that is for the channel locks.

Hope that helps!!

Later,

Mark

Hey Tina!

Yes I do miss the ice. Kikki says hi...Janne and I are staying the night with her and checking her machine tomorrow. Kikki says you should be here!!!

Talk to you later

Archived