Stitch length & speed dial on Millie is blank

sewlinzi

Any suggestions as to why there is no black line showing on the stitch length and speed dial? Luckily the stitch reg and everything is still working but the rest is guesswork. The right hand green control must still be working I think as I have changed the stitch length but it's like driving a car with no speedo!:(

LINZI x

Linzi,

I get that occassionally. When it happens I shut the machine off and let it sit for 15-20 seconds then turn it back on and all is well.

If I remember correctly, Mark said in the maintenance class that it usually happens when you shut off the machine and turn it back on too quickly for things to reset internally.

Debbi

Thanks for your thoughts... I didn\'t think of looking on the other dial. I wondered if it was because the workshop had got very cold overnight? The black lines did not reappear later after it had warmed up and later when it had been switched on/off (but not too fast!)

Now - a speedo in UK is speedometer that tells you how fast your car is going... were you thinking of swimming trunks or am I barking up the wrong tree?

LINZI x

Yes, swimming trunks. We took a weekend off a few years ago and went to South Padre Island, TX. We were there just before spring break, and the only people there were the retired people from the colder parts of the US. We were shopping in tourist trap/store and there was an old man of about 93 looking at a speedo....sorry...everytime I hear that word I get that picture :D

Archived