Second Quilt off Penny

I actually embroidered I think 4 of the blocks. There is Quite a story behind that whole thing. There is a lot of fine detail, like the pinkish flowers, each petal is only 1/4", the larger purple flowers are only 3/4". I wanted a very prominant embroidery so was using 4 strands. Weather, hands, etc. was having me going in real slow mode, so a freind offered to do the rest for me. She took them snowbirding with her and when she came back, informed me she didn\'t like the heavier embroidery so took the ones I\'d finished out and redid them all, "the way they should be."

She did a great job, it was a tremendous help to me, I just don\'t have the look I wanted..

The machine I had before was the same as heidim and mrm.. an OLD 1920-1930\'s rotary machine, which was cut and expanded to about 16". Nothing great.. lol, our speed controls were made for routers. Handle bars were pvc pipe, big huge side lights which burned people, jiggled loose, etc.

still, some of us had fun on them, some straightened their behavior out, some rebuilt, and some gave up.

I still hope to sell mine, and the HQ frame I used before that, and the "junk yard" that is starting from past experiences, Viking parts & feet, etc. \\

And thanks for the compliments.. I do know I still have a long way to go, and this was my first quilt with dense stitching.. yes I\'ll be working on customer quilts.. I have one coming in this week.. will be doing some of the donation quilts for our guild.. the ones we donate as a group. They will be more "normal"quilting, ete and nothing fancy in the borders.

Yup, I\'m keeping this one.

Rita

Archived