HELP - Needle hitting bobbin

I have a millenium. The needle is in correctly. I have been searching the problem area and think it might be timing too - That worries me as I don\'t think the manual is very easy to read.

It has been happening occassionally for a little while, but this morning it is constant. I have tried brand new bobbins incase the bobbins were warped and replaced the needle. I noticed the point of the old needle had broken off, just slightly. Still happening.

So guess I\'m off to try the timing - eek

Try a new bobbin case, make sure shaft of needle is towards the back, use air to blow out where needle is placed, your needle may not be all the way up, make sure the little screw is actually holding the needle in place, make sure your bobbin turns clockwise when you pull the thread, make sure your top tension isn\'t so tight it bends the needle.

Make sure the little finger bar that holds the bobbin assembly in place is holding it in place.

You might have to retime your machine, but that is very rare to have to do that.

Make sure you are using singer mr3.5 or mr4.0 needles.

I can\'t think of any thing else.

Well - I have taken the cover plate off my machine so many times over the weekend, checking, altering and I have finally got it right - well I hope. I was able to finish the panto row I was in the middle of when the "banging" started

I had some thread wrapped around the hook shaft (only a little bit that it was hard to see it was there) , once I got that off I was able to move the hook assembly back a tiny bit.

I have this slight rattle now, but stitches look good.

thanks for all the suggestions

Archived