Template and Tools Class at MQS??

Hawaii

I will be at MQS with an almost full roster of classes and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good class for using my rulers and templates???? I AM signed for one of Myrna\'s classes on the Hartley Fence (which has lived in my closet since I got it).

Do I need to get the extended base in order to use rulers?

Barbara, like Linda said, a base will help you for using your rulers...in fact you definitely need one to work effectively.

However, that said, I don\'t think you need to drag your extended base with you to MQS for the classes... if they want you to do ruler work they might already have the base for each machine. I would not want to lug that base around everywhere. It is somewhat fragile. I always use great care when putting it on my machine and I always stow it in a safe place on a shelf when done. I can\'t imagine what would happen to it if I dropped it! :(

Yes, a base is definitely going to make ruler work lots easier.

I used the APQS base expander first but I had problems with it getting hung up on the clamps. Grrrr. Plus mine never seemed to feel stable on my Ultimate I.

Then I went the RulerMate base and loved it. Easy to use, stable, rounded and beveled edge. No clamp hang-ups. But it was screwed onto the needle plate so it was not as easy to remove when not needed. I usually just left it installed.

All bases decrease your quilting space. They stick out in front of the needle plate so they bump into the belly roller from further out. I adjusted my rollers to ease that a bit. But there are times when I wanted ALL my quilting space, so out came the screwdriver and off came the Ruler Mate (takes 2 minutes).

But the Templates and Tools class at MQS, I didn\'t know that they had one. The vendors selling the templates and goodies are usually demo-ing anything new an dare usually happy to show you how it works...so you\'ll buy it.

Thank you for your responses - good information!!!

I was thinking about keeping purchases to a minimum (LOL) at MQS - but maybe the base extender is a "must buy".

Still waiting to hear a possible recommendation on a class for rulerwork on the Longarm.

Nice and breezy in paradise!

Archived