Upgrading Millie & retrofit CQ

Sue E.

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone, who has a retrofitted CQ on their Millie, has upgraded to the new Millie. I am seriously thinking of doing this but I\'m not sure how difficult it will be to convert all my loose wires, etc. to the new head. I know the new Millie will have the CQ parts built in so my question is, what happens with all my cables that lead from the CQ power box to my CQ control on the top of my old Millie head (my run/stop, abort, needle and speed control box)?

If anyone has upgraded I would love to hear from you before I make a decision that I might later regret.

It can\'t be that bad. I\'m calling to place my order tomorrow. I\'ve had two used machines and I think I deserve a brand new one. I\'ll ask and let you know what I hear. My biggest concern is my down time with shipping and reshipping. Ireally don\'t have time to be without a machine. I hope it works out. I\'m excided.

Tony said it would be no problem if your machine was a retro fit. They will make the Millie CQ ready at the factory. Tony said that there was a plug that Stan was making for the new Millie and that was the only hold up (should be done this month). Make sure you tell them that your Millie was a retro fit. I think the back set of wheels on the carriage needs to be changed out too.

I am planning on upgrading too...and I am a retro fit...just call and ask.

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...

holy cow! I have a 2001 ultimate I that I just had hooked-up. Tina & Jim did a great job. I can\'t be more happier. I have only had one new quilt machine since I\'ve been doing this. We bought a new Ken Quilt back in 1994 and never bought a new since. I feel that if you can work on you own equipment and maintain it and keep it in the working order that suits you and you confort factor, then adding an extra component should be good. zeke..........

Archived