IF this is one of the quilts that is going to be used in the hospitals, it will be washed many times. I would feel more comfortable with a thread other than the poly mono.

Perhaps a variegated thread. As for tension, just try stitching on a piece of scrap fabric/batting first, adjust tension if need be and you should be fine. I automotically do this when starting a new quilt and at the beginning of each day after cleaning my machine.

Charlene

Guest Linda S

Hi Vicky - If your customer wants Mono, I would use Mono. I think you've made a good choice using Superior's Mono-poly. I've had really good luck with it. I generally use Bottom Line in the bobbin. Loosen your tension a bit and play on a practice quilt sandwich until you have it just right, then start on your quilt. You'll do fine!

Linda

If your customer wants mono, then Superior's Mono-poly is the best in my (not so) humble opinion. If there is any way I can persuade my customers to use a bottom line thread instead of the mono in the top... that's what I prefer to use. I think bottom line blends very well, and it doesn't have the shine factor to it that mono has.

I rarely use bottom line in the top and bobbin together. I seem to have more tension worries when using 2 "slick threads" at the same time. Instead I use a cotton or poly-core cotton wrap in the bobbin when I am using slick threads like bottom line or mono in the top. Some people have great results using them together... but I do not like having to stress about my tension changing as the bobbin unwinds or at bobbin changes--- Call me lazy or paranoid:o, but that's just my choice. LOL!!! Let us know how it works out and post pictures when you are done!!!:P

Archived