Which wires to unplug?

quiltingtina

Hi. I am trying to relocate my machine from my studio to my livingroom (long story). Anyway, I am stuck at removing the head of the millie, because there are all these CQ wires going into it, and I don\'t want to unplug the wrong thing.

Does anyone know which wires have to be unplugged and how to get to them?

Of course it is Sunday night, but if anyone out there can help, I\'d greatly appreciate it.

TIA!

Hi Tina, sorry I can\'t help you with CQ wiring but I did want to pop in and say I love your logo! :)

For what it\'s worth. You could unplug all of them but before unplugging, tag each one with masking or painters tape so you know where to replug them back in when you\'re ready. Or you could take photos with your cell phone before disconnecting and then look at the photos for reconnecting.

Good luck with the move...

We just did this the other day. I believe that the two wilres that come out of the top of the machine at the rear are the only two that connect the head from the base. They are attacdhed in the box at the rear back of the machine. All other connections are from the base to CQ. If you open up that black box, the two connectors should be easy to unplug. (At least that how it was for my machine that was retrofitted).

Hope this helps.

Donna

Donna, you are a life saver! Thanks so much! I was really afraid to open that little black box until I heard from someone.

Shana, as far as my logo, thanks for the compliment! It is based on a photo of my youngest. I had to modify it a bit, but still has the essence of Wyatt. I appreciate your idea for marking the wires, but it is not that simple. I am almost done reassembling it all, but I\'m exhasted!

Thanks!

Hi tina

How are you going with moving the CQ?

Do you have a retrofit, ie has a black box on top?

I usually take the HAM out of the computer and leave as many of the wires that are in the black box and on the machine had attached as possible. When you put it all back the HAM goes above the other LPT plug.

I also take the back axle off the carriage rather than the two front wheels

If you unplug things, try putting a dab of nail polish or texta pen on each side of the plug (changing colours of pen with the different plugs)so you only put the right plugs together.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Sue, the moving is going okay. Mine came with CQ, so no black box on top. I have table back up, rails on, wires all re attached, except to the head. The head of the machine is still in the studio. It started to rain, and I wanted to wait to move it. Meanwhile, I damaged the carriage wheels, so I guess there\'s no big hurry on the head until I replace them.

Boy it was quite a job! It sure makes my living room look small.

Archived