New Millie / micro handles

Gator

I got my new millie and put everything together. My questions is about the Micro Drive Handles? The old instructions said to install 1 1/4in up on the needle bar. I got them on but they\'re really close to the LED lights, will this be a problem? I don\'t know how much heat if any the lights produce?

Julie,

What flexible light did you order? I may want to buy one, too. I got the micro-drive handles about a month ago for my Liberty, but they came without the directions and the hex wrench to attach them, so I haven\'t been able to try them out yet. APQS said Hartley Mfg. will mail them to me, as it will be faster. If I don\'t get them soon, I will take the the handles to the hardware store and buy the hex wrench to fit and try to attach them without directions.

So, if some of the light will be blocked, I would like an additional light, too. Plus, I noticed that I cannot se my stitches when using like thread, so the side lighting would be great.

Thanks,

Sandy

My light just came today. It is the bendable bright light from bendablebrightlight.com. I haven\'t installed it yet but I\'m thinking it will give me more light with the microdrive. I also have had trouble seeing my stitching when my thread matches the quilt too well and I think having light coming from an angle with help make my stitches more visible.

Sandra - I have just tried the light out and I think I\'m going to love it. It is very flexible so it can be angled to offer better visiblity of stitches and the light is white which makes my stitching more visible too. I hope this is helpful. Happy quilting!

Archived