Need help with ideas (pics)

Hi all,

I need some ideas for this one. This is a new customer who wants custom work. We both thought the outstanding piecing she did should be the focus, so maybe less is better. I\'m just kinda stumped on this one. Maybe too busy to think clearly right now. It\'s a beautiful top in person. The pics never do them justice.

RhondasBatik1.jpg

Hi MerryJo,

Cool setting for this snail trail.

I have actually done a couple of the snailtrails/monkey wrench things pretty much continuous ; horizontal then vertical if I remember correctly. It was a bit tricky and I had to be careful to turn when I was supposed to.

I switched laptops about a month ago and am not organized yet but I can try to find that stitch path if you are interested.

OK, I guess I am a bit more organized than I thought, hmmm, how come I don\'t know where my purse is half the time....OK, let\'s not get distracted.

The green line is stitched horizontally and the purple is done vertically and there are plenty of opportunities to stop/start.

post--13461899693883_thumb.jpg

I like Linda\'s idea, and since I have never done one of these, I would only be guessing....

When I first looked at your picture the path of each color popped out, like a log cabin. I wonder if you did something around each color section - just a thought....no other thoughts, like what do do in each section :o:)

Merry Jo,

I agree with Mary Beth to accent the darker ones and push back the higher ones. Here is a feather design you could do in each of the dark blocks and then just stipple the light ones. I would be a lot of custom work but It think the quilt would Sing!

No idea why I can\'t get this picture to upload so the pdf will have to do. The picture files is down to 358 KB and it still says it is too big.

Snailtrail.pdf

Linda,

I like that design! It looks neat. I think I can figure it out easy enough. Heidi, my first thought was to do feathers. My customer really wants the piecing to stand out and the quilting not to compete. That\'s why I was thinking "less might be more" for her quilt. My first instinct was feathers. I didn\'t think about only feathering the dark. Great idea. I really want this one to turn out fantastic as this lady is an avid topper. She hates to quilt them because it interferes with her time to piece the next one. Gotta love that!

When she first came for her appointment, she didn\'t have any quilts with her. She asked to see some of my work. No problem....I started to show her a couple, hadn\'t even got to any thing special yet, and she said, "I\'ve seen enough." Then she left! I thought, well, maybe she didn\'t like what she saw. Well, she had gone out to her car and brought back 3 quilts for me. Whew!! Her work is very precise and beautiful and I\'m sure they will be a pleasure to quilt. I love the way she uses color as well. I feel very lucky because I have a lot of customers that do a great job on their tops.

I was confident if I posted a pic I would get many ideas for this quilt. You ladies are a very talented group and I love that everyone is so willing to share ideas and techniques. That\'s one of the reasons I wanted to do this as a business when I got retired from my job. It\'s such a positive environment compared to the negative one I lived with for years.

Archived